Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Advanced Drainage Solutions for fresh articles!
Restructure the Land
Modify your landscape. Keep your home dry.
When these conditions exist – and when you want a permanent, long-term solution – restructuring the land may be the best option.
Identify areas that require modification
A comprehensive analysis of your home and surrounding landscape shows us whether – and how – the land transports water to problem areas. Sometimes, a large area requires restructuring. Other situations call for minor changes.
Restructure the land to redirect stormwater
We apply one or more land restructuring techniques as part of an overall custom drainage solution. From backfill restoration to grading, swales, and hardscape products, our team applies corrections designed to improve or eliminate your drainage problem.
Land restructuring ranges from simple to significant and might include backfill restoration, general grading, retaining walls, or other modifications. Sod, seed, or other landscape finishes often complete the solution.
The best part? Repairing the grade provides a zero-maintenance drainage correction with no mechanical parts to service.
The Typical Solution
- Doesn’t address the “real” issue, which may continue to worsen
- Corrugated plastic drain lines that are prone to failure
- Interior systems that don’t stop water from entering your home
- Frequent servicing required for operational integrity
- Depends heavily on mechanical systems or piping
- Requires future replacement or overhaul
Our Advanced Solution
- Identifies and corrects the real, underlying issue
- Zero dependence on mechanical systems
- No corrugated drain lines or piping of any kind
- No real maintenance required for grade corrections
- No mechanical noise or electricity required
- Designed for a lifetime of reliable performance
Over time, the backfill around your home settles. When this happens, stormwater can seep into your home. We restructure and restore the backfill to prevent water entry.
Grading and Swales
The best way to achieve a zero-maintenance, non-mechanical drainage solution! Proper grading keeps stormwater away from your problem areas.
Landscape and Hardscape Finishes
Following grade corrections, landscape and hardscape options provide a clean finish. We may save your existing grass, lay new sod, construct a retaining wall, or build steps within the landscape.